The Canton Ticino acquired the following works of art:
The painter managed to express clearly her feelings in connection with the nature of the Ticino.
Aspects of Ticino seen from the eyes of a northern woman, felt with the love and comprehension of an open artist's soul. In this manner she found the connection with the land and her inhabitants.
- 1946 Palms in the snow (oil) purchased from the Canton
- 1949 By the sunset (oil) purchased by the city of Zurich.
- 1950 Took part at the Kunsthaus of Zurich exhibit.
- Trip to Germany with a personal exhibit in her hometown, Krefeld.
- 1951 Trip to Sicily.
- Took part at the "National" at the Kunsthaus in Bern.
- 1952 Exhibited with the SPSAS at the museum of Geneva.
- 1955 Took part at the Art Museum of Bern and San Gallen.
- 1956 Personal exhibit at the Stamfenbach window in Zurich.
||Charlotte Lilius wrote:
"Irma paints gardens, breath taking exotic Ticino landscapes, with colors of great luminosity, fairy tale views, moonlight visions, blooming fields, solitary huts in beautiful winter landscapes.
The gloomy loneliness transpiring from her Ticino villages hits the viewer deeply"..
- 1957 With the SPSAS exhibit at the Helmhaus in Zurich.
- 1959 Irma works for the following shows:
- Società Ticinese delle belle Arti.
- Personal show at the Galleria Giardino in Lugano.
- Show with foreign Artists in Lugano.
- Show with SPSAS in Mendrisio.
- 1961 Trip to the United States.
Gualtiero Schoenenberger wrote among others in one of his essay:
|With the times the paintings of Irma assume a modern tendency. In the smaller paintings she captures magic and vanishing visions, details from the big book of nature that emanate strong spirituality. She paints still life's, a lonely stem in a vase, a branch of calicantus flower over a turquoise background. Paintings from which the superfluous is excluded and the spectator is invited to concentrate and meditate.
"Those beautiful horizontal landscapes
from Irma Bernasconi Pannes, at times seem to evoke the latest works of Braque, true paintings of an
artist that knows the sense of the matter and transmits it in a warm emotion".
- 1923 Irma
- 1955 Irma in her
home in Cureglia
- 1965 Trip to New York.
- 1966 Move of all the Art works of Irma and Mario to Pazzallo.
- 1969 Last trip to New York.
- Last painting titled "Liberty".
- 1970 Signing of the contract for the purchase of the home, future Museum.
- 1971 May 19th, Death of Irma in Lugano.
view the art work of Irma Bernasconi Pannes on you tube click here
here for references to the art works of Irma and Mario on Google Germany
Copyright © 1996, Claudia Esposito Bernasconi